Coach & Counsellor
Training and Hands-on Experiences in Mental Health
I was trained and certified as a psychodynamic counsellor in London where I luckily lived for over 10 years. I moved quite recently to Paris. I am also a jazz dancer and creative entrepreneur!
I am an accredited member of APA Membership body in the UK (UK Membership Body for psychotherapists, mental health professionals & counsellors).
In London, I joined a psychological support group at the NHS offering emotional support to cancer-stricken patients. I also volunteered for Marie Curie Cancer Care to help terminally-ill patients die in the comfort of their homes.
I studied psychodynamic theories & psychoanalysis at WPF Therapy and at AGIP, a Jungian Institute in London.
The counselling services I provide are based on the psychodynamic training I underwent. The approach is integrative using psychodynamic theories as well as other complementary approaches. Learn more about the ‘psychodynamic’ approach here!
The coaching services help you get back on the right track with a bespoke plan/programme to help you reach YOUR goals and learn to live in the here and now, strengthening your skills and self-confidence.
Business Experiences - Corporate World
In a quite recent past, I used to be a sales and branch manager in the real estate field, managing teams of about 30 consultants.
- Recruiting international property consultants, screening applications, sourcing via LinkedIn and other social media tools from beginning to end, managing and setting up interviews.
- Calling candidates, negotiating the pay rate provided and closing candidates on right time. Writing job descriptions and organizing specific events.
- Managing the sales process with the sales team, coaching them, and creating motivating workshops. Strengthening the retention program.
- Developing and Achieving sales goals and office objectives.
- Developing social media communication via Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as blogging.
I had set up my own company specialised in bespoke private events in London based on culture and arts.
I recently thought it was high time I started creating a helpful and insightful activity thanks to the courses I attended, the skills I have been enhancing, and the different experiences I have learnt from. More details on Linkedin
The Input I provide - In Brief
- Increase the turnover and revenue of your company and business activities by boosting the involvement, motivation, understanding and communication of your team.
- Understanding diversity and globalisation.
- Hiring motivated candidates willing to adopt the style of your company and promote its values.
- Defining your management style, helping you lead meetings and workshops, time management, and so on.
You can check and read the different experiences I have had, and also been through, by clicking on Stories or the Book icon.
I share personal experiences as well as psychodynamic theories, business strategies and mental health news.
Unlock your potential now!
Margareth van Steenlandt
Your dedicated Coach & Counsellor
What to expect from your first session?
Our work begins with an initial intake meeting that typically lasts 60 minutes. The intake is an opportunity for the two of us to get to understand your goals and obtain a comprehensive sense of current concerns.
At the end of the intake I provide feedback, share my first thoughts, describe how I may be helpful and summarize the next steps of our plan. The intake is also an opportunity for you to get to know my style and approach and answer any additional questions about what it would be like to work with me.
Complimentary Introductory Call – 30 minutes
To get to know Your Coach & Counsellor better